Technical Support Specialist
Career path to Jr Software Engineer, Node.js
Connect business software applications and build integrations on API Nation platform.
API Nation is a middleware platform, with hundreds of applications and millions of pre-built on-demand integrations between business apps which integrate, automate and solve customer’s problems. We are a small start-up team, and you will be one of the key software engineers working on adding new applications connections, extending and updating existing connections and building software integrations. You will work with customers, product managers, software developers from other companies, and experienced co-workers. You will solve very hard API and integration related engineering problems. At API Nation we invest in people who work hard to succeed.
The Technical Support /Jr Software Engineer (Node.js) role’s primary responsibility is to support and implement API Nation’s customers. In this role, you will provide technical assistance to our software integration customers. Answer questions or resolve software problems providing technical assistance on customer workflows and bug fixes.
This is a technical role best suited for an aspiring junior software engineer or a technical person looking to advance their skills within Node.js. If this sounds like a role for you, read on.
- Answer user inquiries regarding our software integrations and resolve problems.
- Hold screen-share meetings, write documentation/guides, record walk-through videos
- Oversee daily performance of our platform
- Learn and review specifications of our integrations to further your Software Engineering skills
- Escalate Tier Two problems to the Software Engineer Team
- Reach out to new customers regarding their experience
- Familiar with JSON data, HTTP requests, and troubleshooting.
- Empathetic, love helping customers, figuring out and solving problems.
- Self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
- Basic project management skills, and can run projects start to finish.
- Meticulous, persistent, dedicated and obsess over details.
- Excited to learn new software and passionate about technology.
- Love to write. Writing specs, requirements, help docs, diagrams, emails.
- Passion to enhance your technical skills or become a software engineer.
- Looking for a small team, the early-stage startup where what you do truly matters.
To apply, don’t just send a resume. Make it stand out! For example, look at the “about you” section above. Will we see that in your submission? Include a link to your public works, such as your GitHub, StackExchange, Linked In profiles to show off your skills. Help us see the best in you!