Software Engineer (Node.js)
API Nation is a fast-growing software Integration company, at the heart of which lies our Integration as a Service (IaaS) platform. Using this platform, we need your help to build a marketplace of simple software integrations which solve very complex customer business problems.
Welcome to API Nation!
Your day to day activities will include things like:
- Developing software integration services written in Node.js
- Develop and support API Nation platform and products
- Building server-less services on AWS Lambda
- Help guide technical and software architecture decisions
- Work with customers, learn their needs and get their feedback
- Research and learn nuances of software applications and their API’s
- Collaborate with software engineers from top software companies on software integrations
- Build serverless services on AWS Lambda
- Write code, write documentation, and do code review
- You have 3+ years of software engineering experience in a non-academic environment
- You know and love Node.js
- You have experience with SQL/NoSQL database MongoDB
- You are available to work with customers in US Eastern Time zone business hours
Bonus points if you have:
- Developed software for the residential real estate industry
- Developed software integrations
- Developed business applications for
- Accounting (ex: QuickBooks)
- CRM (ex: Salesforce)
- Payments (ex: Stripe, Braintree)
- Lead management and Marketing (ex: Mailchimp, Facebook, etc.. )
- API documentation is your bedtime reading choice :)
- Services that power app connections and integrations are built using NodeJS on AWS Lambda for distributed services.
- While this proved to be quick and reliable, we experiment with best-of-breed tech. You are encouraged to recommend what stacks are best for the job and why.
- We work in the open-source environment and practice iterative development and rapid deployments.
- We work with hundreds of software applications and their software engineering teams. Learn their business uses and technical APIs.
- We are distributed across multiple time zones and locations, and we shift our schedule as needed to accommodate our customers in the US and Canada.
To apply, don’t just send a resume. Make it stand out! Take a look at the “About You” section above. Will we see that in your submission? Please include links, share relevant information, and show off your skills. Help us see the best in you!
Join our team! See all available positions and tell your friends.
API Nation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. API Nation makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, please contact email@example.com